Clan Chleirigh Middle Ages Living History
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restriction of Ballot Access

Go down

Restriction of Ballot Access Empty Restriction of Ballot Access

Post  Admin Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:43 pm

(As a reply to this announcement I (Tuathflaith) will post the letter that was sent to Mary Bailey, candidate for the office of Mistress of the Lists.)

Within a few days of the October 2019 Shire meeting, Mary Bailey received this email from Brennan. Mary forwarded the email to me and asked me to send it out to interested persons.

As someone who was at the meeting, I attest that Mary did not in any way act out of line nor disrespectfully at the meeting, and she certainly did not speak much differently than several other people in attendance, nor was she the most outspoken at that meeting. But for daring to speak out, she has been told she is not allowed to run for a local office.

Please note that initially Brennan approved her Letter of Intent. For those of you who did not know, I (Tuathflaith) was not allowed to post any Letter of Intent until Brennan personally pre-approved the candidate. Yes, EVERY CANDIDATE had to be pre-approved by Brennan to appear on the ballot or for me to even post the Letter of Intent. If he had not approved a letter, I had planned post it anyway. I believe that interfering with ballot access could be illegal and I had no intent of being a party to racketeering. However, no candidate was denied until Brennan changed his judgement of Mary.

Admin
Admin

https://chleirigh.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Restriction of Ballot Access Empty Brennan's Letter denying fair ballot access to Mary Bailey

Post  Admin Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Good morning Dara,

My office received several troubling accounts of your behavior at this past Sunday's meeting. One of the most problematic pieces of those descriptions relative to the current election was your open hostility to the Kingdom's involvement in the Shire's polling, by-laws, and general business. The Shire must function cooperatively as a part of the larger Kingdom. After consultation with the Kingdom Mistress of Lists and the Southern Region Seneschal, the relevant Kingdom officers find your application for Shire MoL unacceptable. As such, your candidacy will not appear on the coming poll. As you were the only candidate but the office of MoL is not a required office, that office will be vacant beginning with the new officer term in December.

The Kingdom Mistress of Lists would be willing to consider an at-large MoL position. As I believe Ellesbeth has mentioned, the Southern Region has a very good regional MoL who could assist with finding you event opportunities in that arena, if that's a path you would like to pursue. I'd be happy to make that introduction if you would like.

I appreciate your willingness to run. I hope that over the course of the next several years, we can find the common ground to make coordination with the Kingdom and your potential candidacy a more likely outcome. I am happy to answer any questions you may have, and wish you well.

In Service to the East,
Brennan Dux

Admin
Admin

https://chleirigh.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum